Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Artist Spotlight Series: Vicki Doyle

Gallery Underground may be closed during the pandemic, but you can still enjoy the art of our talented artists online. In an effort to bring the art to you during social distancing, we have started a series of "Artist Spotlights." Each Spotlight will bring a more personal side to the artist behind the art. 

Our first Spotlight is on painter Vicki Doyle, who discusses her art, technique and inspiration:



Vicki Doyle working in her studio
As far back as I can remember, art has and still is a main focus in my life. A native of Connecticut, I have lived in many parts of the United States and Europe and have traveled extensively all over the world. Having graduated from Boston University, where I majored in art, I then worked in New York’s Garment District before teaching art in Texas schools. My work is represented in many private collections in the United States and in Europe. I currently exhibit at the Arts Club of Washington, Gallery Underground , and at several venues with the McLean Art Society and the Arlington Artists Alliance.




Although I work in many medias, I prefer painting in oils. My work can best be described as mystical impressions in warm, appealing colors. My paintings often take on completely different styles depending on my interpretation of the subject and the story or mood I wish to create. Many of my canvases are based on my travels, love of horses, ballet, and the ocean.


To learn more about Vicki's art, visit her Gallery Underground profile:

Gallery Underground Profile Vicki Doyle

All work by our Gallery artists can be seen on our Flickr page:

If you wish to purchase anywork simply email the Gallery Directors at art@galleryunderground.org and we will help you.


1 comment: