Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Wen Lepore -Trying to Making Unique Work

In the Second of our featured Painting in a Series- Now on exhibit at the Gallery Underground.  Wen Lepore shares-
I have been taking art classes since 2008. In the beginning I always like to paint something nice, especially I love to paint landscape, but I don’t like to paint any other things showing in the view… like people, cars, … trashcans or anything messy.  One day I suddenly felt that was really boring, only paint pretty or beautiful things… Because life is not just niceness and beauty, most of our life is a hard time,with pain and suffering. If I paint all beauty, there is a good part, that people would say how nice it is, very lovely painting and they may forget the next day.
Stanch my Bleeding Heart by Wen LePore

So, I started to thinking more about art, great work, like Shakespeare plays are so famous but most of them are sad stories. People remember sad things.Tragedy is more contagious, because that is true life.  Even for myself I like a little blue music most of the time when I was listening music.
Long Lost Letter by Wen LePore
The great work of art is of course always original, and it should come as a more or less shocking surprise from the natural creation.  Also, my childhood was full of special marks and all the memories are always by my side, very unusual, sometimes very sad, I wanted to show up all those parts in my late paintings and express more my true feeling deep underneath, which is pain in my life.
Lonely by Wen LePore
I want to let people know more about my life through my paintings.  Also I hope my work would get people thinking more about their own lives, or get release from my artistic expression.


No comments:

Post a Comment