Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bryan Jernigan - Potential in a Series

The Gallery Underground artists are doing a special presentation of works in a series for the month of April.  All month we will feature the thoughts, motivations and photos of their works.  Please come by and see them in person! 

Our first featured artist, Bryan Jernigan tells us-Potential: Potential confronts us every day. Who do we want to be? Where do we want to go? And how do we get there? Potential stares us in the face.

Radiant Darkness by Bryan Jernigan

On rare occasions we are keen enough to see it, but most of the time it’s fuzzy or lost to us completely. Potential can be scary. The future is an unknown and dark place, but it’s also where potential lives.

Road Ahead by Bryan Jernigan
  I see potential in myself and in others, but I don’t have superpowers, so it’s just as unclear to me as it is to anyone else. In my work, I try to capture in figurative abstraction what potential looks like to me.
Seeing you,Seeing me by Bryan Jernigan

There not There by Bryan Jernigan
 So many times, it’s grainy, undeveloped and obfuscated. I can see the forms, but I can’t see them in sharp focus – they are often stark and intimidating – unrealized potential always is.
Waiting by Bryan Jernigan
   But I’m convinced the more effort I give to it, the more I work on bringing clarity to it, the more likely potential will be realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment