Sunday, March 30, 2014

If you haven't met Jess Mickey yet, a sneak peek into her work.

Jess Mickey is our new Co-Director as our capable Marina DiCarlo readies for another State Department posting.  Jess is unafraid to tackle almost any subject.!  From landscapes to portraits, Pets to seascapes she can do it all!  Meet Jess-

"I'm so excited to be the new Co-Director of Gallery Underground!  I have some big shoes to fill, but I believe I am up to the task!  Anytime I put my mind to something, I make it happen!  That is kind of how my art started too. A few years ago, in the process of figuring out what makes me happy, I decided to try a painting class through Arlington Adult Education.

 I've been taking the same class every semester now for 4 & 1/2 years, so I'm a relatively new painter, but it's absolutely become my passion.  Being in a classroom/studio space weekly with other artists inspires me to continue to get better and constantly learn new techniques.

Loving painting is what made me decide to work at the Gallery in the first place, to surround myself with creativity and inspiration, and then when the Co-Director position opened up, I knew I had to have it!  Now, being in the gallery all the time and working alongside art-minded people is another great way for me to grow my body of artwork, utilize my talents, and surround myself with my passions. 
 I couldn't be happier!"


We are happy to have you too, Jess!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment