Thursday, March 27, 2014

Jean Stark - Honor & Awareness


March's theme of Perseverance continues as Jean Stark comments-
"This month in the Gallery Underground my work of art is about my parents who are 90 and 91 this year.  "We Dream Only of Love" is about what is left after living a full life.  It is about the transitions we make and the natural world supporting life's changing landscape. 


We Dream Only of Love by Jean Stark

 The difficulty in making this work had more to do with my emotional "therapy" as I worked on the piece.  Coming to terms with the death of parents is deep and heavy work and in this piece I felt very successful in my own desire to give honor to my parents.  This piece brought awareness to me of all elderly people who have given their lives by living them fully and who are still crucially significant as they prepare their way to a transition into another dimension."

No comments:

Post a Comment