Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jess Kallista - Poetry as Art





“Autumnal Embrace” is a mixed media work inspired by one of my recent poems. This piece explores changing relationships as well as a change of seasons. The photograph at the center of this work was actually taken in early spring of this year, yet the yellows, oranges, and browns, as well as the fallen leaves, evoke a feeling of autumn. I incorporated collage images in this piece, such as eyes, that often repeat in many of my works. That sense of repetition calls to mind the familiar cycle of the changing of seasons as well. Come see this work in person and you will find that the collage continues on the back to cover this entire piece.

“Autumnal Embrace” is currently hanging near my studio in the Red Studios at Art Underground. To set up a studio visit you can contact me via my blog dearsuburbia.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment