Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What's over your couch? Part 3

Hay Bales II by Melissa L. Miller
Sandi Douglas Parker - Co-Director of the Gallery Underground says : "What is hanging over my couch? Surprisingly, not my own work (that's over the fireplace). What is hanging over my couch is an amazing painting by North Carolina artist Melissa L. Miller. It is entitled "Hay Bales II." We had some friends living in Chapel Hill, NC a few years ago, who invited us down every year for a studio tour of Orange County NC. I fell instantly in love with this woman's work on the tour, and bought this painting - it is quite large, 36" x 36." I love her loose style of painting, something I am always striving for (who knew loose was harder than tight?) Also adore her use of purple. Attached is one of my paintings, "Lookout," done for the recent Walk on the Wild Side Show, which as you can see, has been clearly influenced by Melissa L. Miller!"
Lookout by Sandi Douglas Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment